Friday, May 9, 2014

Mini Farmer's Market Haul



Mini Farmer's Market Haul
Juice Edition

Hello!

Today I went to the Farmer's market to pick up some produce for juicing, salads, and mixed grills.  More about mixed grills at the end.  I typically avoid indoor farmer's market Friday-Sunday because its extremely congested.  I like to shop in an easy going, calm state of mind.  Plus I make many mistakes when in a rushed or chaotic state of mind.  

The main purpose for this trip was all about produce. Produce for juices, smoothies, salads, and some veggies to grill.


Golden Beets
They look much better after a wash and gentle scrub.  I like combining golden beets with carrots, apples, citrus, and ginger.


Produce for salads, juices and smoothies
It's going to be hard waiting on those bananas to ripen!
Also, Kale looks much better in person.  I chopped some of the strawberries and put them in the freezer.



I also got some red and yellow bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, cilantro, lemons, and garlic.  This is how my fridge starts out.  In two days the produce will be everywhere.  I reserve the bottom drawers for tough produce such as lemons, grapefruits, cauliflower, ginger, etc.  The middle draw above the celery is usually for cukes, zucchini and snow peas, etc.  The middle is a mix of greens, bell peppers, etc.  Top shelf is where I keep our prepped meals, snacks, eggs, etc.  

Mixed Grill
Yummy!

I don't like turning on my gas stove everyday, and I can't stand the pressure of coming up with a fantastic meal everyday.  My solution is to cook in bulk.  This is my latest endeavor!  I use a stove top grill. Asparagus, mushrooms, onion, red bell pepper, celery (yes celery!), and zucchini.  I also made some wild/brown rice mix, and grilled chicken. 

Thanks for checking me out! Do you have a favorite go to meal or method?  


No comments:

Post a Comment