Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quick Update: Should you develop a regimen?

Should you develop a regimen?

For the past month or two I've been working on developing a regimen to adhere to.  In the beginning I'd sit at my desk for hours the night before jotting down ideas.  I spent precious time sketching out hour by hour tasks and plans for the next day.   Morning would come and I would already be hours behind schedule.  My mid morning snack did not make sense before breakfast, by lunch I was too hungry to bother grilling my veggies and making my own salad dressing, whew!

Often times I succumbed to feeling defeat or failure because I was off schedule.  Eventually, I had to learn use a more holistic and natural approach to developing a routine that works for me.

Challenge Yourself, but do what works for you

So I went back the drawing board.  I decided to break my regimen into smaller increments.  I started focusing on my mornings.  I decided to perfect (or solidify) my morning routine first and build upon that.

The Result:

Ever morning (or at least 80%)

I do gentle stretches before I get out of bed

I have a cup or either warm lemon water or water with apple cider vinegar

I do gentle calf raises while I brush my teeth or wash dishes.

I take my puppy outside and run around with him, do a few yoga poses, mainly chair and warrior poses.

Once back inside I drink my green drink or make breakfast


I am currently working on lunch and afternoons.

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest for more frequent updates  

No comments:

Post a Comment